Thursday 27 December 2012

looking back over 2012 ......... pt.1 Paris

Before we dive into 2013 and start what I hope will be a fairly regular record of my current work and things visual in general, I want to  think about some of the things that gave me delight this year.

My other, and far better, half took me on my first visit to Paris for a birthday weekend. My conspiring daughter arriving on Eurostar from London an hour after we cruised in on Thalys from Brussels was perfection!

  • Cold and so beautifully bright.  Mid January.
  • walks by the Seine (see below) jazz bands playing in the frost ,   
  • Musee d'Orsay - not room here to write of the treasures there - maybe another day?  I was almost over whelmed.  
  • Some lovely bistro food. Appalling tarte tatin!
Here are a few pages from my little pocket sketch book.



the view from our room, a good, friendly hotel

strollers
 in the frosty sunshine by the Seine

Notre Dame from the same gardens

We had much merriment watching agile, flexible, solitary Japanese tourists with their iPhones  at arms length, trying to get both Notre Dame and their faces in the photo at once.


No comments:

Post a Comment